2016 Quilts

Monday, January 28, 2013

Getting Out of The Box

This is what my brain felt like three weeks ago. I was in such a rut I didn't want to do anything at all!



To make matters worse, one of my molars started acting up and gave me so much grief one weekend (was in so much pain over the weekend and almost broke the dentist's clinic doors down when they opened Monday morning). After an X-ray and a consultation with the dentist, it's either root canal or extraction. Of course I chose the latter, never mind if the tooth can still be saved :( The root canal is 3 times more expensive than the extraction and without a dental plan, even an extraction will put me out of pocket. 

I can't help but wonder what percentage of this world's population don't like going to the dentist. I certainly don't! There's something so in-your-face about it, I almost always feel violated afterwards.

The antibiotics and pain meds must've done something to my brain aside from numbing the toothache because I have been in a creating mood ever since. Since then, I have made a diaper bag and made 2 kinds of cake (lemon and coffee cake) which were a big hit with the family.

Diaper Bag


Coffee Cake



Maybe I should get a toothache more often?



2 comments:

June D said...

Glad the teeth business is taken care of.

Great looking cake!

June D said...

And cute diaper bag too BTW.